Rajesh Jain was one of the architects of Narendra Modi’s win in 2014 — and then got buyer’s remorse and turned against the BJP. Now, he has launched Dhan Vapasi, an insanely ambitious and innovative attempt at disrupting Indian politics. He joins Amit Varma in episode 94 of The Seen and the Unseen to explain where he’s coming from.
Note: The first half of the show is about Jain’s political journey before this: supporting Modi, changing his mind etc. The conversation about Dhan Vapasi starts at 1:03:25.
Also check out:
- The Dhan Vapasi website
- The Dhan Vapasi Manifesto
- The Dhan Vapasi Bill
- Rajesh Jain’s website
- DeMon, Morality and the Predatory Indian State — Episode 85 of The Seen and the Unseen (on Demonetisation)
- Why Are Our Cities So Messed Up? — Episode 31 of The Seen and the Unseen (on Urban Governance)
- The State of Our Farmers — Episode 86 of The Seen and the Unseen (on Agriculture)
- Reclaim the Sky — Episode 11 of The Seen and the Unseen (on FSI)
- Shruti Rajagopalan’s talk on the many changes to our constitution