Jahangir is often considered a lightweight Mughal emperor, an ineffectual drunkard sandwiched between his father and his son, Akbar and Shah Jahan. But this is an unfair view. Parvati Sharma joins Amit Varma in episode 147 of The Seen and the Unseen to shed light on not just Jahangir as an emperor, but on his human side, endearing and infuriating in equal measure.
Also check out:
1. Jahangir: An Intimate Portrait of a Great Mughal — Parvati Sharma
2. Women in Indian History — Episode 144 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ira Mokhoty)
3. Our Colouful Past — Episode 127 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Manu Pillai)
4. The Deccan Before Shivaji — Episode 98 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Manu Pillai)
5. Talk by Parvati Sharma at The Loft
6. Shi‘I polemics at the Mughal court — Sajjad Rizvi