People often talk of the world of Finance as a giant casino, where sociopathic bankers gamble with the livelihoods of real people. Economist Ajay Shah joins Amit Varma in episode 125 of The Seen and the Unseen to explain why this is a misconception, and why Finance is at the heart of our progress.
Also check out
1. Why I Loved and Left Poker — Amit Varma, from his poker column, Range Rover.
2. Zombie Firms and Creative Destruction — Episode 118 of The Seen and the Unseen.
3. Futures Markets in Agriculture — Episode 12 of The Seen and the Unseen.
4. The Indian Financial Code.
5. Poker and Stock Markets — Episode 47 of The Seen and the Unseen.