What exactly is wrong with Indian agriculture? How can we help our farmers? Barun Mitra and Kumar Anand join Amit Varma in episode 140 of The Seen and the Unseen to discuss the root causes and remedies of this decades-long problem.
Also check out:
1. The State of Our Farmers — Ep 86 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Gunvant Patil, in Hindi).
2. Entry and Exit in Indian Agriculture — Ep 1 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Pavan Srinath & Karthik Shashidhar)
3. Futures Markets in Agriculture — Ep 12 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Karthik Shashidhar)
4. The Unseen Effects of Farm-Loan Waivers –Ep 25 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Kumar Anand & Vivek Kaul)
5. The Right to Property — Ep 26 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Shruti Rajagopalan)
6. The Delhi Smog — Ep 40 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Vivek Kaul)
7. Free the Farmers — Barun Mitra
8. Where are the Markets? — Kumar Anand
9. The Crisis in Indian Agriculture — Brainstorm on Pragati
10. We Must Save Our Farmers — Amit Varma
11. The Indian State is the Greatest Enemy of the Indian Farmer — Amit Varma
12. A Tale of Two Satyagrahas — Amit Varma
13. Down to Earth — Sharad Joshi
14. The Mystery of Capital — Hernando De Soto