Economic policy affects each of us — and yet, India has gotten it wrong for decades. In their groundbreaking new book, Vijay Kelkar and Ajay Shah write not just how to do policy, but how to think about policy. They join Amit Varma in episode 154 of The Seen and the Unseen to share their learnings, first principles onwards.
Also check out:
1. In Service of the Republic — Vijay Kelkar & Ajay Shah
2. Zombie Firms and Creative Destruction — Ep 118 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ajay Shah)
3. The Importance of Finance — Ep 125 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ajay Shah)
4. Every Act of Government Is an Act of Violence — Amit Varma
5. The Delhi Smog — Ep 44 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Vivek Kaul)
6. Public Choice Theory — Ep 121 of The Seen and the Unseen
7. Narendra Modi takes a Great Leap Backwards — Amit Varma
8. Three Reasons Why A Cashless Society Would Be A Disaster — Amit Varma
9. Where Have All the Leaders Gone? — Amit Varma
10. India’s Agriculture Crisis — Ep 140 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Barun Mitra & Kumar Anand)
11. Premature Imitation and India’s Flailing State — Shruti Rajagopalan & Alex Tabarrok (pdf link)
12. Our Political Discourse — Ep 49 of The Seen and the Unseen (w transcript)
13. The Facts Do Not Matter — Amit Varma
Follow The Seen and the Unseen on iTunes, Stitcher, and Tunein. You can also listen to us on Spotify and the Saavn app.