1. Gautam Menon on Twitter, Ashoka, IMSc and Google Scholar.
2. The Novel Coronavirus Variants and India’s Uncertain Future — Gautam Menon.
3. How Do Scientists Model the Spread of an Infectious Disease? — Gautam Menon.
4. Control, Consensus, Chaos: The Global Response to the Pandemic — A talk on YouTube by Sheila Jasanoff.
5. The Big Question: Can India Find a Way Out of Its Covid Nightmare? — Shahid Jameel interviewed by Bobby Ghosh.
6. Past episodes of The Seen and the Unseen on Covid-19, featuring (in reverse chronological order) Ajay Shah, Anirban Mahapatra, Ruben Mascarenhas, Chinmay Tumbe, Rukmini S, Vaidehi Tandel, Vivek Kaul, Anup Malani and Shruti Rajagopalan.
7. My Family and Other Animals — Gerald Durrell.
8. A Cricket Tragic Celebrates the Game — Episode 201 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ramachandra Guha).
9. Superforecasting: The Art and Science of Prediction — Philip Tetlock and Dan Gardner.
10. We Are All Gamblers — Amit Varma.
11. Range Rover — Amit Varma’s column on poker for the Economic Times.
12. Demystifying GDP — Episode 130 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Rajeswari Sengupta).
13. The New World Upon Us — Amit Varma (on Alpha Zero).
14. Why Does the Pandemic Seem to Be Hitting Some Countries Harder Than Others? — Siddhartha Mukherjee.
15. Episode Zero: The preview episode of The Seen and the Unseen.
16. Indian Scientists’ Response to CoViD-19.
17. A state-level epidemiological model for India: INDSCI-SIM.
18. Anup Malani on India’s COVID Second Wave — Episode 13 of Season 5 of Grand Tamasha, hosted by Milan Vaishnav.
Books recommended by Gautam Menon
1. Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic — David Quammen.
2. The Rules of Contagion: Why Things Spread – and Why They Stop — Adam Kucharski.
3, Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From — Tony Joseph, who also appeared on Seen/Unseen.
4. Lilavati’s Daughters — Edited by Rohini Godbole and Ram Ramaswamy,
5. The Man Who Knew Infinity — Robert Kanigel.
6. Never Let Me Go — Kazuo Ishiguro.
7. Half of a Yellow Sun — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
Please subscribe to The India Uncut Newsletter. It’s free!
And check out Amit’s online course, The Art of Clear Writing.