Also check out:
1. Pranay Kotasthane Talks Public Policy — Episode 233 of The Seen and the Unseen.
2. Foreign Policy is a Big Deal — Episode 170 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Pranay Kotasthane & Manoj Kewalramani).
3. Radically Networked Societies — Episode 158 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Pranay Kotasthane).
4. Democracy in Pakistan — Episode 79 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Pranay Kotasthane & Hamsini Hariharan.)
5. Older episodes of The Seen and the Unseen w Pranay Kotasthane: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
6. Understanding Foreign Policy — Episode 63 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Nitin Pai).
7. Anticipating the Unintended — Pranay Kotasthane’s newsletter (with RSJ).
8. Puliyabaazi — Pranay Kotasthane’s podcast (with Saurabh Chandra).
9. Selected episodes of The Seen and the Unseen on China: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
10. Ram Guha Reflects on His Life — Episode 266 of The Seen and the Unseen.
11. Dhanya Rajendran Fights the Gaze — Episode 267 of The Seen and the Unseen.
12. The End of History? — Francis Fukuyama’s essay.
13. The End of History and the Last Man — Francis Fukuyama’s book.
14. The Great Man Theory of History.
15. Russia’s War on Ukraine: A Roundtable — Bari Weiss speaks to Niall Ferguson, Walter Russell Mead and Francis Fukuyama.
16. Around the halls: Implications of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — Brookings roundup of expert views, including from Marvin Kalb.
17. Modi’s Domination – What We Often Overlook — Keshava Guha.
18. The Median Voter Theorem.
19. Social Theory of International Politics — Alexander Wendt on constructivism in international relations.
20. Hindutva — VD Savarkar.
21. The Intellectual Foundations of Hindutva — Episode 115 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Aakar Patel, discussing Hindutva among other things).
22. Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India — Akshaya Mukul.
23. The Gita Press and Hindu Nationalism — Episode 139 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Akshaya Mukul).
24. Whole Numbers and Half Truths — Rukmini S.
25. Rukmini Sees India’s Multitudes — Episode 261 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Rukmini S).
26. Why I am a Hindu — Shashi Tharoor.
27. The Indian Constitution: Cornerstone of A Nation — Granville Austin.
28. A People’s Constitution — Rohit De.
29. Three Conundrums — Anticipating the Unintended #159 by RSJ and Pranay Kotasthane.
30. Through The Looking Glass — Anticipating the Unintended #160 by RSJ and Pranay Kotasthane.
31. No man is an island entire of itself… — Anticipating the Unintended #161 by RSJ and Pranay Kotasthane.
32. The Overton Window.
33. India’s Strategies for a New World Order — Anirudh Kanisetti, Anupam Manur, Pranay Kotasthane and Akshay Alladi.
34. The Uses and Abuses of Weaponized Interdependence — Daniel Drezner, Henry Farrell and Abraham L Newman.
35. Nuclear Power Can Save the World — Joshua S Goldstein, Staffan A Qvist and Steven Pinker.
36. Public Choice Theory — Episode 121 of The Seen and the Unseen.
37. The Idiot — Fyodor Dostoevsky.
38. ‘Stop the war.’ 44 Top Russian Players Publish Open Letter To Putin — Sam Copeland.
39. Alexander Grischuk’s emotional press conference after Russia invaded Ukraine. (Watch from 4:20.)
40. Power and International Relations — David A Baldwin.
41. The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers — Paul M Kennedy.
42. The Power of Nations: Measuring What Matters — Michael Beckley.
43. The game theory concept of Chicken.
44. India in the Nuclear Age — Episode 80 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Lt Gen Prakash Menon).
45. National Power After AI — Matthew Daniels and Ben Chang.
46. Why liberal democracies have a distinct edge on cyber capability — Nitin Pai.
47. The Business of Winning Elections — Episode 247 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Shivam Shankar Singh.)
48. Can Democracy Survive in the Information Age? — Eric Rosenbach and Katherine Mansted on the Authoritarian Information Paradox.
49. The Use of Knowledge in Society — Friedrich Hayek.
50. ये लिबरल आख़िर है कौन? — Episode 37 of Puliyabaazi (w Amit Varma, on Hayek.)
51. Addiction by Design: Machine Gambling in Las Vegas — Natasha Dow Schüll.
52. Irresistible: Why We Can’t Stop Checking, Scrolling, Clicking and Watching — Adam Alter.
53. The Dark Psychology of Social Networks — Jonathan Haidt and Tobias Rose-Stockwell.
54. The Revolt of The Public and the Crisis of Authority in the New Millennium — Martin Gurri.
55. Social media are turbocharging the export of America’s political culture — The Economist.
56. America in South Asia — Episode 93 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Srinath Raghavan).
57. The Geopolitics of the Bangladesh War — Episode 113 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Srinath Raghavan).
58. The India-Pakistan Conflict — Episode 111 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Srinath Raghavan).
59. Public Choice Theory and the Illusion of Grand Strategy — Richard Hanania.
60. Narendra Shenoy and Mr Narendra Shenoy — Episode 250 of The Seen and the Unseen.
61. The Lessons of History — Will and Ariel Durant.
62. Fallout of the Ukraine-Russia Conflict + — A constantly evolving note by the Takshashila Institution.
Check out Amit’s online course, The Art of Clear Writing.
And subscribe to The India Uncut Newsletter. It’s free!