1. Shruti Rajagopalan on Twitter, Substack, Instagram and her podcast, Ideas of India.
2. Demography, Delimitation, and Democracy — Shruti Rajagopalan’s detailed post on Delimitation.
3. Episodes of The Seen and the Unseen w Shruti Rajagopalan, in reverse chronological order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.
4. India’s Emerging Crisis of Representation — Milan Vaishnav and Jamie Hintson.
5. Of Openings and Possibilities — Pranay Kotasthane on Delimitation.
6. South India Would Like to Have a Word — Episode 320 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Nilakantan RS).
7. Jayaprakash Narayan Wants to Mend Our Democracy — Episode 334 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Jayaprakash Narayan).
8. The Life and Times of Shanta Gokhale — Episode 311 of The Seen and the Unseen.
9. The Life and Times of Jerry Pinto — Episode 314 of The Seen and the Unseen.
10. Amit Varma on the Creator Economy — A recent episode of the Ideas of India podcast.
11. Gurwinder Bhogal Examines Human Nature — Episode 331 of The Seen and the Unseen.
12. The Prism — Gurwinder Bhogal’s Substack newsletter.
13. Public Choice Theory — Episode 121 of The Seen and the Unseen.
14. Public Choice: A Primer — Eomonn Butler.
15. Public Choice — Politics Without Romance — James M Buchanan.
16. Politics Without Romance — Amit Varma’s column archives for Bloomberg Quint.
17. David Hume on Britannica, Wikipedia and Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
18. Adam Smith on Britannica, Wikipedia and Amazon.
19. James M Buchanan on Britannica, Wikipedia, Econlib and Amazon.
20. Gordon Tullock on Wikipedia, Econlib, Mercatus and Amazon.
21. The Calculus of Consent — James M Buchanan and Gordon Tullock.
22. Democracy in Deficit — James M Buchanan and Richard E Wagner.
23. Shruti Rajagopalan on our constitutional amendments.
24. Subhashish Bhadra on Our Dysfunctional State — Episode 33 of The Seen and the Unseen.
25. Caged Tiger: How Too Much Government Is Holding Indians Back — Subhashish Bhadra.
26. Where Have All The Leaders Gone? — Amit Varma.
27. The Political Theory of a Compound Republic — Vincent Ostrom.
28. Urban Governance in India — Episode 31 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Shruti Rajagopalan).
29. India’s Greatest Civil Servant — Episode 167 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Narayani Basu, on VP Menon).
30. Great Soul — Joseph Lelyveld.
31. Understanding Gandhi. Part 1: Mohandas — Episode 104 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ram Guha).
32. Understanding Gandhi. Part 2: Mahatma — Episode 105 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ram Guha).
33. Population Is Not a Problem, but Our Greatest Strength — Amit Varma.
34. A Life in Indian Politics — Episode 149 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Jayaprakash Narayan).
35. The First Assault on Our Constitution — Episode 194 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Tripurdaman Singh).
36. Nehru’s Debates — Episode 262 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Tripurdaman Singh and Adeel Hussain.)
37. Coalition Politics and Economic Development — Irfan Nooruddin.
38. The Laffer Curve.
39. The Anti-Defection Law — Episode 13 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Barun Mitra).
40. Our Parliament and Our Democracy — Episode 253 of The Seen and the Unseen (w MR Madhavan).
41. The Four Quadrants of Conformism — Paul Graham.
42. ‘Let Me Interrupt Your Expertise With My Confidence’ — New Yorker cartoon by Jason Adam Katzenstein.
43. Eppur si muove.
44. Jagdish Bhagwati’s co-written defence of demonetisation, and Shruti Rajagopalan’s co-written rebuttal.
This episode is sponsored by CTQ Compounds. Check out The Daily Reader and FutureStack. Use the code UNSEEN for Rs 2500 off.
Amit Varma and Ajay Shah have launched a new video podcast. Check out Everything is Everything on YouTube.
Check out Amit’s online course, The Art of Clear Writing.
And subscribe to The India Uncut Newsletter. It’s free!
Episode art: ‘Figure it Out’ by Simahina.