So much of our history has been weaponized by politics — especially the Mughal period. Manimugdha Sharma joins Amit Varma in episode 173 of The Seen and the Unseen to shed light on the tug of war around Emperor Akbar — and why that history remains relevant even today.
1. Allahu Akbar: Understanding the Great Mughal in Today’s India — Manimugdha Sharma.
2. Parthian Shot — Manimugdha Sharma’s column archives.
3. Manimugdha Sharma’s reporting in Times of India.
4. Who Broke Our Republic? — Episode 163 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Kapil Komireddi).
5. The Ideas of Our Constitution — Episode 164 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Madhav Khosla),
6. The Many Cities of Delhi — Episode 172 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Rana Safvi).
7. Women in Indian History — Episode 144 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Ira Mukhoty).
8. Jahangir the Curious — Episode 147 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Parvati Sharma).
9. Our Colorful Past — Episode 127 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Manu Pillai).
10. The BJP’s Magic Formula — Episode 45 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Prashant Jha).
11. Essential Kabir — Arvind Krishna Mehrotra.
12. White Mughals — William Dalrymple.
13. Empress: The Astonishing Reign of Nur Jehan — Ruby Lal.
14. The Bhagvad Gita in Urdu, recited by Ahmed Rashid Shervani at Manthan Samvaad.
15. The Early History of India — Vincent Smith.
16. The Mughal Empire — JF Richards.
17. The Agrarian System of Mughal India — Irfan Habib.
18. Akbar and His India — Irfan Habib.
19. The Western Way of War — Victor Davis Hanson.
20. The Anglo-Maratha Campaigns and the Contest for India — Randolph GS Cooper.
21. Gunpowder and Firearms: Warfare in Medieval India — Iqtidar Alam Khan.
22. The Millennial Sovereign — A Azfar Moin.
23. The German Way of War — Robert Citino
24. When Titans Clashed — David M Glantz & Jonathan M House.