1. Chandra Bhan Prasad on Twitter, Amazon, Wikipedia. Mercatus, Times of India and Google Scholar.
2. Defying the Odds: The Rise of Dalit Entrepreneurs — Devesh Kapur, D Shyam Babu and Chandra Bhan Prasad.
3. What is Ambedkarism? — Chandra Bhan Prasad.
4. Dalit Phobia: Why Do They Hate Us — Chandra Bhan Prasad.
5. When Adam Smith entered an Ambedkar village — Chandra Bhan Prasad.
6. In defence of suit, boot — Chandra Bhan Prasad.
7. How Piketty got it wrong — Chandra Bhan Prasad.
8. Who was the real Ambedkar? — Chandra Bhan Prasad.
9. On Ambedkarism, Caste and Dalit Capitalism — Chandra Bhan Prasad in conversation with Shruti Rajagopalan in the Ideas of India podcast.
10. ‘Indian languages carry the legacy of caste’ — Chandra Bhan Prasad interviewed by Sheela Bhatt.
11. Rethinking Inequality: Dalits in Uttar Pradesh in the Market Reform Era — Devesh Kapur, Chandra Bhan Prasad, Lant Pritchett and D Shyam Babu.
12. The Collected Writings and Speeches of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar.
13. The Dalit Emancipation Manifesto of 1951 — Babasaheb Ambedkar.
14. Select episodes of The Seen and the Unseen that discussed caste with TM Krishna, Shruti Rajagopalan and Manu Pillai.
15. Select episodes of The Seen and the Unseen that discussed the 1991 reforms with Shruti Rajagopalan+Ajay Shah, Vinay Sitapati and Montek Singh Ahluwalia.
16. Select episodes of The Seen and the Unseen that discussed gender with Shrayana Bhattacharya, Paromita Vohra, Kavita Krishnan, Urvashi Butalia, Namita Bhandare, Manjima Bhattacharjya and Mahima Vashisht.
17. Ramchandra Keh Gaye Siya Se — Song from Gopi.
18. The Laws of Manu (Manu Smriti) — The Penguin edition & the Buhler translation.
19. India’s Problem is Poverty, Not Inequality — Amit Varma.
20. What Have We Done With Our Independence? — Episode 186 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Pratap Bhanu Mehta).
21. Devesh Kapur at University of Pennsylvania.
22. Crusader Sees Wealth as Cure for Caste Bias — The New York Times profile of Chandra Bhan Prasad by Somini Sengupta.
23. In an Indian Village, Signs of the Loosening Grip of Caste — The Washington Post piece on Chandra Bhan Prasad by Emily Wax.
24. Small Holdings in India and Their Remedies — Babasaheb Ambedkar.
25. Aims and Objects of the Republican Party of India — Babasaheb Ambedkar.
26. Ambedkar’s memorandum to the British (in Volume 10 of his collected works).
This episode is sponsored by CTQ Compounds. Check out The Daily Reader and FutureStack. Use the code UNSEEN for Rs 2500 off.
Check out Amit’s online course, The Art of Clear Writing.
And subscribe to The India Uncut Newsletter. It’s free!
Episode art by Simahina, in a homage to Gond painting.